The BOYA BY-CIP is designed to allow you to connect 3.5mm TRS Mics to Smart Devices, such as iphone, ipad or Android devices. It features gold-plated connectors and shielded construction.
Well, that’s likely because your camera and your phone use two different kinds of 3.5mm plugs.
The camera has TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) and your phone uses TRRS (tup-ring-ring-sleeve).
The extra ring is for the microphone you phone’s headphones comes with, and it’s for the microphone.
This adapter converts the TRS signal to TRRS, so your phone can receive the signal from your camera microphone. Easy!
- Converts TRS output from DLSR Microphones to TRRS for excellent mobile audio
- Gold-plated connector for excellent connectivity
- Right-Angle connector is ideal for phones on gimbals
- Shielded Construction reduces interference
- Ideal for use with Boya, Saramonic, Rode, Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Shure, Takstar, and Cowboy audio microphones